I really wanted to listen in the NZ Bloggers Network’s Blogging learning sessions on the Livestream hookup on Video Blogging tonight…but life was getting in the way!
They had You Tuber ‘Aly Ford’ from Psycho Traveller presenting, sharing her insight, tips, tricks and practical advice from her success thus far on You Tube.
Also a member presentation by Callum, Ignatius Manaloto and Steve Milleron on improving blog engagement, simple design and content tips.
But I had to be in 4 places at once and couldn’t do it all.
I was just finishing up at work, I was meaning to be home hours earlier when it was starting.
Multi tasking Single Parenting mode switched on, so made a new plan, I:
• Downloaded the Livestream App onto my iphone
• Logged in
• Hit the link to ‘Basics of Video Blogging – with You Tuber Aly Ford from Physco Traveller‘ by NZ Bloggers Network
• Popped in my Bluetooth earpiece
• Hit Play!
• Quickly finished up essentials at work while I listened to the opening announcements and packed upYay, I was able to listen (& watch out the corner of my eye) in to the Video Blogging event while the following happened over the next hour or so…
• Fired off a few quick comments to engage and shared the link via Twitter and Facebook while listening in• Quickly finished up essentials at work while I listened to the opening announcements and packed upYay, I was able to listen (& watch out the corner of my eye) in to the Video Blogging event while the following happened over the next hour or so…
• Then with my earpiece in and my iphone in my pocket, I closed up my building while still listening in
• Jumped in t
he car and started driving while listening in
• Hopped out at the Urgent Pharmacy (I was too late for a ‘normal’ pharmacy) – walked through the carpark – hit pause – bought what I needed – short convo with the lovely lady there – hit play and kept listening further
• Jumped back in the car and continued driving while listening in
• Hopped out at the supermarket and crossed the carpark while listening in (checking triple for traffic!)
• Hit pause – while I rang in our takeaway order (yup, no home cooking tonight!) – hit play again while I entered the supermarket and grabbed the few essentials I needed while listening in
• Through the self checkout with my items so could keep listening in
• Jumped back in the car and round the corner to the pick up food – jumped out – hit pause while I picked up – they weren’t in a talkative mood, so I was out of there in 30 seconds – hit play again and back in the car while listening in
• Drove home – into carpark and reversed into my ridiculously tricky angled carpark while listening in
• Gathered all the bags from the car – raced up the stairs and into our Apartment while listening in
• Hit pause to chat with Miss 15 about her day – she was knee deep into her Homework so she didn’t chat for long til she refocused again as she is keen to get in lots of study for her upcoming exams
• Hit play again while I unpacked groceries and my bags from the day while listening in
• Grabbed the Trophy off our Bookshelf that Miss 15 has to return tomorrow and dug in the cupboard seeking out the Silvo while listening in
• Got changed, sorted washing and closed blinds while listening in
• Dealt with dishes and trundled up and down the stairs 6 times doing Parenting/Home/Mom type stuff while listening in
• Hit pause – Sat down with Miss 15 to work on something with her for a bit
• She then focused on her own thing again so I hit play again
• Watched through to the end – wooohoo!
It would have been great to be at the Video Blogging event in person in Auckland, but hooking in via Livestream and listening in (and glancing at the screen sometimes) worked incredibly well.
Sure, I missed a bit, but there was SO much great info loaded into these two presentations that I will happily watch/listen to them again latter.
They had a really great Q&A session at the end too with bloggers asking many things I’m sure we all have wanted to know.
Don’t have time to sit for 1 & 1/2 hours to watch a Livestream?
Then I encourage you to try what I did next time and listen in while you do other things.
All you need is:
If you miss the Livestream totally, you can watch it again latter by playing it whenever you want to.
How cool is it to continue learning about Blogging while doing everyday tasks!
I have been working away tonight and feeling slightly pleased with myself, that even though my day was crazy that I had kicked this multi tasking single parenting lark in the ass tonight…
Then I wondered, why I was so damn hungry?
Crap…in all of my brilliant multi tasking I forgot to eat at all tonight and now it was 11.35pm and I wasn’t going to last til morning.
Finishing this post off now while I eat a Apricot Jam toasted Bagel…so maybe I’m not kicking ass in everything…but it still tastes pretty good 😉
Have you used Livestream before to watch an event?
Did you watch the Video Blogging learning session?